Title: Principal Clinical Programmer : Business Objects
Location: CA:IrvineAbout Allergan:
Founded in 1950, Allergan, Inc. (NYSE: AGN) is a global multi:specialty health care company headquartered in Southern california
with rapidly growing annual revenues of 5 billion. The companys two primary segments are specialty pharmaceuticals and medical devices. Allergans flagship franchises in eye care, neurosciences, medical dermatology and urologics, structured under Allergan Pharmaceuticals, offer specialty physicians and their patients a wide range of treatments to help preserve and protect sight, reduce physical disability and enhance quality of life. In 2006, Allergan added aesthetics and dermal fillers to its business portfolio to create a world:leading medical aesthetics franchise. At the same time, Allergan added a leading product portfolio in obesity intervention that offers minimally invasive devices to help patients achieve sustained weight loss and reduce health risks associated with obesity. About the Position:
Under the direction of management, the Principal Clinical Programmer, leads the design, development, validation, implementation, and provides ongoing support for reporting/business intelligence tools (e.g., Business Objects, Spotfire) and programs (e.g., PL/SQL) used in Clinical Research and Development studies. The responsibilities include:
* Design and implement Business Objects reports and dashboards with a variety of visualization techniques to assist users in identifying critical data quickly and accurately
* Review, analyze, and evaluate business systems and user needs
* Ensure assigned tasks are completed within the given timeframe
* Assist in the documentation and testing of developed reports and dashboards
* Work with customers to understand business needs and deliver high quality solutions
* Assist in the validation of electronic systems and programs as implemented internally or through external vendors according to current regulatory requirements
The employee is expected to be skilled in performing all the roles encompassed in the preceding grade levels within the job family as required by the organization. Other activities, special projects and assignments may be given as required. As a result the percentage of time spent across both roles for which the employee is responsible for or assisting with will vary depending on project assignments, current development projects and the requirements within the organization as a whole.
The employee must conduct their work activities in compliance with all relevant regulations, ICH, PhRMA, and CFR guidelines as well as all Allergan policies, and procedures. Allergan policies include compliance with ethics, environmental health and safety, financial, human resources, and general business policies, requirements and objectives.
* Degree or equivalent experience in computer
Science, Life Science or related field: BS/BA degree with 6 years experience, or MS degree with 4 years exper