Requisition : 2959
Title: Director, Program Management
Job Description: We are currently seeking a Director for Program Management in Irvine, CA. The Director will lead multi:million dollar projects for parenteral pharmaceutical products. This position
will involve multi:discipline project management responsibilities and global interface in a team environment. It will direct all functions within the business unit to include manufacturing, maintenance, quality and supply chain; develop and execute strategic plan to achieve short and long term business objectives; lead and develop the organization by example; and coordinate and direct project team efforts toward realization of agreed upon goals and objectives of the project. This function assists in clarification of project goals and objectives with sponsor and stakeholders of the project including Sales/Marketing. This position controls all activities and directs personnel involved in the project life cycle including planning, design, development, implementation and completion of the project.
1. Partner with stakeholders, team members, equipment design vendors and various internal resources to establish a sustainable and profitable business model. This includes product, facilities, equipment, supply chain, services
, staffing, operating procedures, policies and standards.
2. Manages the planning, coordination, resources, timing, and costs of the activities of the project team as they relate to the project.
3. Directs the day to day activities of the project team members as they apply to the project activities.
4. Collaborate with existing Business Units, Sales and Marketing, Finance, Operations, Regulatory, Legal, Supply Chain and Customer Service to assure the seamless phase:out of existing products/phase in of new products.
5. Provides leadership and guidance to the project team. Develops working agreements with project team members and evaluates team member performance accordingly.
6. Set short and long term goals through Strategic Planning (includes Value Stream Planning) to reduce costs, eliminate waste, improve processes to achieve product quality, customer satisfaction and cost key performance indicators.
7. Monitor and confirm organizational adherence to policies, procedures, regulations and standard work.
8. Drive and support implementation of major cost savings and continuous improvement projects to include Kaizen events
9. Ensure the effective use of human, physical and financial resources in order to achieve company objectives.
10. Accountable for hiring, personnel development, salary administration and performance evaluation of assigned employees.
11. Responsible for efficient and compliant flow of product, personnel, materials/supplies and rejected product/materials.
12. Communicates effectively to all levels of the organization using all forms of communication.
13. Drives effective and timely problem solving through effectiv